Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I Wanna Play


I woke up one day a few months ago wondering why I dreaded work so much. Could there be an easier job? I check people in, I check people out and eventually some people aren't happy and I try and fix that. I realized, Hey, I used to do this when I was five. I used to play house, Barbies and McDonalds with my fake little hamburgers and bread french fries that Sam and Courtney loved so much. Man, I was so ready to play grown up. I was even excited.

Its not even that I knew much at five but I seemed to know how to find the fun and life in things that the older and wiser people didn't seem to see. Its just that way with kids I guess. Its almost like they dont even know how to be bitter. Every day is a possibility of something amazing. Today is the best day of their lives.

I think today I'll see work as a game of house. Cause thats all work really is, a game for grown ups, mistaken for the meaning of life.

Today can be the best day of my life...maybe even at work.

5 comments:

  1. It's your life, are you who you want to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my life. It's now or never. I aint gonna live forever. I just wanna live while I'm alive. It's. My. Life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmm bread french fries with a sprinkle of cinamon sugar, i remember how me and courtney watched as you squished our bread into little fries and then put them in the fake fry holder and put a pinch of cinamon...you concentrated so hard and we would eat them in two seconds and then guilt you into making us more

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmm squished bread with a pinch of cinnamon
    can i get that super sized

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha Sam, we need to guilt her into doing that again..that squished bread is long overdue.

    ReplyDelete